Health Science Report™
Dr. Joe Glickman, Jr. is a medical doctor licensed in Montana, and an author, editor, and publisher of medical and nursing books and various medical websites.
Dr. Glickman received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Texas in the undergraduate honors program of Plan II, graduated with high honors, and was initiated into the academic Honor Society of Phi Beta Kappa in 1969.
He received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas in 1973.
He was the Editor-in-Chief of the popular medical books called Phantom Notes™ from 1973 to 1994.
Phantom Notes™ were published in 17 editions in the United States alone and have been sold in over 90% of US and Canadian Health Science and Medical School Bookstores.
Sold in over 30 countries, and translated into several foreign languages, including Chinese, Phantom Notes™ taught the major medical disciplines of Internal Medicine, Surgery, OB-Gyn, and Pediatrics.
Phantom Notes™ helped train thousands of medical students and nursing students responsible for millions of patients.
Phantom Notes™ titles can be confirmed on the websites of and .
The Phantom Notes™ were found to be an indispensable tool for medical doctors and nurses in training, including interns and residents, who needed the essential facts immediately to make the correct diagnosis on the hospital wards.
Medical students and doctors have written many compliments about Dr. Glickman's Phantom Notes™:
"I have found the Phantom Medicine Notes™ excellent and extremely helpful in surviving as a medical student on the wards."
A.H., 4th Year Medical Student, Harvard Medical School.
"Just passed my Internal Medicine Boards, and am therefore writing to express my appreciation for the considerable help I received from your excellent Phantom Medicine Notes™. I recommend them enthusiastically to my colleagues preparing for the boards."
L.R., M.D., Doctor at Downstate Medical Center, New York.
"Your Phantom Notes™ are great! They really improved my general knowledge in all areas of medicine. Relying entirely on your Phantom OB-Gyn Notes™ got me an "A" on the exam."
W.L., 4th Year Medical Student, University of Tennessee College of Medicine.
"I have found your Phantom Notes™ extremely useful and one of the best investments I've made since beginning medical school."
S.H., 4th Year Medical Student, Medical College of Wisconsin.
"I've really enjoyed the Phantom Medicine Notes™ as a student and now as an intern. Our Chief of Medicine recommends them highly and uses a copy also."
P.M., M.D., Intern in Texas.
"Phantom Medicine Notes™ is still the hottest volume of medical smoke available. After 11 years of practice/moonlighting and as a board-certified Internist, I have found nothing better."
F.L.H., M.D., doctor in Wyoming.
"I love my Phantom Notes™!"
A.L.C., 4th Year Medical Student, Iowa.
"Phantom Notes™ are 'unequal in getting to the basics fast.' In addition, your references have been very helpful for 'honing in' on the finer points."
B.B., 4th Year Medical Student, University of South Alabama College of Medicine.
"During the past month I purchased the Phantom Notes™. My copy was stolen and since I am currently in the middle of rotation, I find this to be a great loss! Enclosed please find a check to cover the cost of the book and special delivery charges. Please forward it via the quickest route."
G.G., 3rd Year Medical Student, New York.
Phantom Notes™ publications for MEDICAL STUDENTS include:
- Phantom Medicine Notes™, 960 pages, (Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Kidney/Metabolic, Liver, Neurology, Pulmonary, Rheumatology/Immunology).
- Phantom Surgery Notes™, 672 pages, (Biliary Tract, Breast, Cardiovascular, Endocrine, Fundamental Principles, Gastrointestinal, Head and Neck, Liver, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pancreas, Thoracic, Urology).
- Phantom OB-Gyn Notes™, 624 pages, (Complications of Pregnancy, Diseases of Pregnancy, Endocrinology, Fundamental Principles, Gyn Neoplasms, Gyn Problems, Infectious Diseases, Labor and Delivery, Neonatology).
- Phantom Ward Notes™, 128 pages, (History and Physical, General and Routine Orders, Operative Record Dictation, Op Note, Discharge Summary, Workup Considerations, Abbreviations, Lab Values of Clinical Significance).
Phantom Notes publications for NURSING STUDENTS include:
- Phantom Medical-Surgical Nursing Notes™, 640 pages, (Cardiovascular, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Oncology, Pulmonary).
- Phantom Maternal-Newborn Nursing Notes™, 384 pages, (Antepartum Complications, Gyn Problems, Intrapartum Complications, Newborn, Postpartum Complications, Pregnancy, Reproduction).
- Phantom Pediatric Nursing Notes™, 352 pages, (Cardiovascular, Development Concepts, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Hematology, Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Oncology, Psychosocial, Pulmonary, Sensory).
- Phantom Psychiatric and Community Health Nursing Notes™, 224 pages, (Addictive Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Childhood Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, Eating Disorders, Mood Disorders, Organic Mental Disorders, Personality Disorders, Schizophrenic Disorders, Sexual Disorders, Somatoform Disorders, Community Nursing, Diseases of Community Nursing).