Health Science Report™
Health Science Report™ by Joe Glickman, Jr., M.D. covers current and popular issues for Women's Health, Infectious Diseases and Conditions, Procedures and
Therapies, Reproductive Health, and Men's Health.
Dr. Glickman, Jr. is a medical doctor (licensed in Montana since 1979, license 4451), and an author, editor, and publisher of medical and nursing books.
He was the Editor-in-Chief of the medical books called Phantom Notes from 1973 to 1994. Phantom Notes were published in 17 editions in the United States alone and have been sold in over 90% of US and Canada Health Science and Medical School Bookstores.
Phantom Notes were used for more than 20 years to train medical and nursing students in over 30 countries worldwide and have been translated into several foreign languages, including Chinese. The Phantom Notes covered the major medical disciplines of Internal Medicine, Surgery, OB-Gyn, and Pediatrics. These titles can still be confirmed on the Barnes and Nobles Bookstore website by searching for “Phantom Notes Glickman."
Dr. Glickman received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Texas in the undergraduate honors program of Plan II, graduated cum laude, and was initiated into the academic Honor Society of Phi Beta Kappa in 1969.
He received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas in 1973.
The Phantom Notes were found to be an indispensable tool for medical doctors and nurses in training, including medical students, nursing students, interns and residents who needed the essential facts immediately to make the proper diagnosis on the hospital wards.
Medical students and doctors have made the following unsolicited comments about Dr. Glickman's Phantom Notes:
"I have found the Phantom Medicine Notes excellent and extremely helpful in surviving as a medical student on the wards." A.H., 4th Year Medical Student, Harvard Medical School.
"Just passed my Internal Medicine Boards, and am therefore writing to express my appreciation for the considerable help I received from your excellent Phantom Medicine Notes. I recommend them enthusiastically to colleagues preparing for the boards." L.R., M.D., Downstate Medical Center, New York.
"I've really enjoyed the Phantom Medicine Notes as a student and now as an intern. Our Chief of Medicine recommends them highly and uses a copy also." P.M., M.D., Intern, Texas.
"Phantom Medicine Notes is still the hottest volume of medical smoke available. After 11 years of practice/moonlighting and as a board-certified Internist, I have found nothing better." F.L.H., M.D., Wyoming.
"I love my Phantom Notes!" A.L.C., 4th Year Medical Student, Iowa.
"Your Phantom Notes are great! They really improved my general knowledge of all areas of medicine. Relying entirely on your Phantom OB-Gyn Notes got me an "A" on the exam." W.L., 4th Year Medical Student, University of Tennessee College of Medicine.
"Phantom Notes are 'unequal in getting to the basics fast.' In addition, your references have been very helpful for 'honing in' on the finer points." B.B., 4th Year Medical Student, University of South Alabama College of Medicine.
"During the past month I purchased the Phantom Notes. My copy was stolen and since I am currently in the middle of rotation, I find this to be a great loss! Enclosed please find a check to cover the cost of the book and special delivery charges. Please forward it via the quickest route." G.G., 3rd Year Medical Student, New York.
"I have found your Phantom Notes extremely useful and one of the best investments I've made since beginning medical school." S.H., 4th Year Medical Student, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Phantom Notes publications for MEDICAL STUDENTS include:
- Phantom Medicine Notes, 960 pages, (Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Kidney/Metabolic, Liver, Neurology, Pulmonary, Rheumatology/Immunology).
- Phantom Surgery Notes, 672 pages, (Biliary Tract, Breast, Cardiovascular, Endocrine, Fundamental Principles, Gastrointestinal, Head and Neck, Liver, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pancreas, Thoracic, Urology).
- Phantom OB-Gyn Notes, 624 pages, (Complications of Pregnancy, Diseases of Pregnancy, Endocrinology, Fundamental Principles, Gyn Neoplasms, Gyn Problems, Infectious Diseases, Labor and Delivery, Neonatology).
- Phantom Ward Notes, 128 pages, (History and Physical, General and Routine Orders, Operative Record Dictation, Op Note, Discharge Summary, Workup Considerations, Abbreviations, Lab Values of Clinical Significance).
Phantom Notes publications for NURSING STUDENTS include:
- Phantom Medical-Surgical Nursing Notes, 640 pages, (Cardiovascular, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Oncology, Pulmonary).
- Phantom Maternal-Newborn Nursing Notes, 384 pages, (Antepartum Complications, Gyn Problems, Intrapartum Complications, Newborn, Postpartum Complications, Pregnancy, Reproduction).
- Phantom Pediatric Nursing Notes, 352 pages, (Cardiovascular, Development Concepts, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Hematology, Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Oncology, Psychosocial, Pulmonary, Sensory).
- Phantom Psychiatric and Community Health Nursing Notes, 224 pages, (Addictive Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Childhood Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, Eating Disorders, Mood Disorders, Organic Mental Disorders, Personality Disorders, Schizophrenic Disorders, Sexual Disorders, Somatoform Disorders, Community Nursing, Diseases of Community Nursing).
Just select from the Research Topics on the adjacent gray column for easy viewing of important articles.